Wednesday 26 September 2012

A Free Guitar & A Free Wheelboard

My Dad is an absolute king and got me this semi-acoustic electric guitar out of a skip. It was thrown out by the music department of his school and with the exception of some minor superficial damage and some small adjustments/cleaning etc. it's absolutely perfect.

I also love that my Dad binned this for me, I can remember him getting stuff out of skips with me when I was younger which is pretty cool.



I bodged a guitar strap for it out of a couple of old belts and a shoelace and just bought some pretty decent (I think/hope) replacement machine heads for only like £5 on Ebay. I'm going to put them on in a couple of weeks and re-string the guitar and play some shows with it.
 


As far as I can tell Audition is a brand name that Teisco used for importing their guitars into countries other than Japan like America and England. From the design and info on the company I would guess that this design came out in the 60's-70's but I don't really know since there's not a lot of info online. If anybody knows for sure, please let me know I'm interested to find out and a bit sceptical that the guitar is actually 50 years old. Either way, it's awesome and free.



It's also pretty appropriate that I got this recently since I've been making plans to build a wheel board for my guitar amp from binned stuff. My friend got me a knackered old airport trolley out of a skip a while ago which I'm going to use the castors from and I got a dirty but functioning heavy duty ratchet strap out of a skip a little more recently. I also scavenged a high quality ground sheet someone abandoned at a festival in August that I'm going to cut and sew into a padded waterproof cover. The final part is today I got a wardrobe door out of somebody's skip (he said I could take it) that I'm going to make the main part of the board out of. I'm going to spray paint it too and hopefully it's gonna look awesome. I'll stick some photos up when I've built it, though I'm not sure when that'll be!

1 comment:

  1. i have same guitar, do you know how much is its market price now?

    ReplyDelete